Friday, October 1, 2010

DAY 10 - DOUBLE DIGITS!!!

     I made it to the double digits!!!  So we celebrated reaching double digits by eating almost zero carbs all day (except some berries) and we had a building neighbor party.  We ordered pizza and watched The Spy Next Door.  I thought I had prepared for having pizza by keeping my caloric intake so low all day and keeping my carbs super low.  The thing is, I don't think celebrating a diet accomplishment with crappy food is the right thing to do.  It just didn't FEEL like I was celebrating.  It kind of felt a little like I was backpaddling.  I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting but I don't think pizza is in my edible future anymore.  Oh well.  I think I can say that I have eaten enough pizza in my lifetime, so it's not like it's something I've missed out on.
     I have had 36 years of eating whatever I wanted and I have the extra weight to prove it.  I need to remember that if I'm going to change my life, I need to change my thinking about things as well.  This is totally uncharted territory for me but I think for the next 30 odd years I'm going to do the opposite.  I'm going to eat for fuel more so than flavor.  At least for a while.  I've tasted all of the unhealthy foods (pretty much) that are available in the world.  I've tried everything and now it's time to try being healthy; looking and feeling good in my own skin.
     The point is, I think I made a mistake yesterday by rewarding myself with food.  I think next time I will reward myself with a nice, hot bubble bath and a book AWAY from Ninny.  Or reward myself with a trip to the movies or the museum and ask my neighbor to watch Ninny for me... Or maybe I'll reward myself with a trip to Tattered cover.  That's how my mom used to reward me when I was a kid... worked then, just might work now!
     Anyway, lesson learned.  See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey buddy keep up the good work! Yer right about pizza. It's no bueno' , like a thousand calories a slice. I need some of your motivation. Thi k I can get Jillian to start writing me? That would be michaels not the x-files babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... maybe? Stranger things have happened... I know which one you mean, the X-Files one spells her name Gillian, with a G.
    Thanks for reading and commenting, Li! You rock! Besides, I believe in you. I know you can do it, put some of that stubbornness to good use!

    ReplyDelete