Thursday, September 23, 2010

DAY TWO... 7AM? WHAT WAS I THINKING?

So, day two.  It's the end of the day and I'm pretty well pooped out.  I'm going to make today's blog short and sweet and attach the video log and that's about it.  I started a workout called The Firm today.  Why The Firm?  Because I got it from the bargain bin at King Sooper's (Kroger/City Market) for like 50 cents.  Seriously.  50 cents and it came with the bungee cord thing, which is pretty awesome.  Also, it's a 30 minute workout and I can pant and wheeze my way through that... apparently. 
Here's what we ate today:
Breakfast:
2 Brown eggs, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup onions, 1/4 cup (little less) shredded cheese blend, 1/4 cup milk
I threw all of that in a blender and then made kind of a scramble, which turned green because of the spinach.  After I scrambled it, I threw 2 tablespoons of White corn and Black bean salsa on top.  I thought it was delicious... ish.  Ninny looked at the green eggs and we had a Dr. Seuss moment.  I caved and made her some hot cereal instead.
Anyway, I also had a slice of multigrain toast with 1/2 tsp of blue bonnet and 1 tsp of Smuckers reduced sugar strawberry jam.  I also drank 1 1/2 cups of milk with it and a large glass of water.
All told, I had 2 servings of carbs.  Had protein, fruits and veggies, grains and dairy. 
Lunch:
For lunch we had Tuna fish sandwiches with provolone cheese.
Tuna Salad: 1 can albacore, 1 tablespoon reduced fat mayo, 1 teaspoon mustard and 5 pickle slices (diced).
I personally like to put just a smidgen of celery salt and a touch of both garlic and onion powder. 
*You may want to think twice about that last part if you're feeding a child still in diapers.  When it came time to change that diaper a couple of hours ago, I almost threw up it was so gnarly and I have a pretty iron clad stomach.  It was a nightmare.  Seriously.  Wow.
Anyway, 2 servings of carbs for lunch.
Supper:
For supper I cheated a bit... sort of.  I had an Amy's Organics Tamale Verde.  It was 3 freaking carb servings all at once and like 400 calories and 16g of fat but damn it's GOOOOOOD.   So 3 servings plus of carbs for supper.  Ninny had macaroni and cheese... and my beans and rice that came with my tamale verde because I don't like them and she does.

Once again, Leah Remini is being ultra supportive, which amazes me because even my friend/neighbor doesn't think I can do it and flat out told me last night that he didn't think I should even try.  I felt like shit after that, so seeing Leah be so supportive of me this morning was a little burst of sunshine that I really needed and it was just enough boost to get me going and keep me on track.  I really am going to owe her a debt of gratitude.
Who knew what an amazing friend she could be?  I don't expect it to last but damnit I'm grateful for the support while I have it.
and now for my video blog for the day... it was done this morning right after I worked out, so I'm a little sweaty and gross but I wanted to talk while I was, well... I guess ripe would be a more appropriate term than fresh at that point, lol.
Take care folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment