Thursday, September 23, 2010

BRAND NEW DAY!

IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY AND I'M MOTIVATED!

     Thanks to Leah Remini, I have been forced to pull my head out of my ass and take a serious look at my physical condition and how it affects my everyday life.  What's Leah got to do, got to do with it?  I have a secret obsession with Twitter.  I'm not proud of this but well, there it is.  I personally think that Twitter is the greatest thing ever invented for celebrities.  It's a way for them to safely interact with their fans on a case by case basis.  Anyway, I digress...
     The point of that was that I have been tweeting Leah Remini since she joined Twitter a week or two ago.  Nothing major, I'm not her new BFF or anything.  I welcomed her to Twitter and she, being the properly raised, down to earth person that she is, thanked me very politely.  I've made a few other comments to her, some of which she has replied to.  The day before yesterday, I asked her if I could make a suggestion for a topic for her new show.  She said yes and to bring it, so I did.
     What I told her (and I'm paraphrasing here, you are welcome to check out the actual verbiage on my twitter if you like) was that one of the biggest resentments moms have toward celebrities is their personal trainers.  I can't even tell you how many times I've heard the following, "Well of course she looks fabulous, she can afford a personal trainer and fancy gyms and equipment.  If I made that kind o money, I'd look fabulous too!"
     So Leah replied, saying it was a great topic and asking if I thought it was really a monetary issue or was it more an issue of motivation?  To which I replied that the majority of us believe that if we had the money to afford a personal trainer, they would take care of the motivation factor for us.  She pretty much felt that was BS and that the thinking behind that was simply me, stopping me, that my state of mind was more to blame than my pocketbook and furthermore, Sonya... walking is free.  
     *Sidenote: My mother says that and she has dropped a lot of weight over the years, simply by walking. 
     This made me stop in my tracks.  Gods love her and her "New Yorker tell it like it is"  way of being, Leah is right.  There is absolutely no excuse for me to be in the condition I'm in and the only person who is going to change that is me.  I don't think I ever wanted it badly enough before, but I'm taking this as a challenge and I will be popping in a video log, if not a blog, every day.  Leah is being very supportive, Gods love her:

     I suppose when this works I will owe her a debt of gratitude... perhaps I'll have to be a lifelong fan or something.  
     Vigilant reader, please, if you see a day go by without a vlog or a blog posted, email me at sylvarwolf@hotmail.com, find me on facebook under Sonya Wolf or on Twitter under SonyaSylvarWolf and give a shout, because this is too important not to take seriously.
Oh and Leah, if you read this, 
How about a phone call on my birthday, May 20th, 2011 to congratulate me if I manage to bring my weight down to a healthy 125 or less? 
Anyway, here's my first video log.  Be kind, I don't know what the hell I'm doing and I'm sure it shows.


Food for thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment