Sunday, September 26, 2010

DAY 5 - REST AND RECUPERATION... SORT OF

     Okay, so I decided to take today off to do homework and be slovenly but the thing is, I keep thinking about working out.  I'm kind of feeling like I shouldn't be taking a day off for the first month, so I think I'm going to do my workout while Ninny's taking her nap this afternoon.  I remember reading somewhere in my youth that it takes 30 days to make something a habit or something like that, so I think I want to push it hard the first month, kind of like in AA when they do a meeting every day for the first 30 days.  It just feels like if I stop my momentum now I won't be able to get back into it tomorrow and that's not acceptable.
     Alright, couple of things.  I did not take today off from my workout.  I worked out while Ninny was napping.  On the other hand, I also had a relapse today.  My neighbor (whom gave all my bad instant foods to) gave me a great big box of Corn Flakes today.  I have discovered that my biggest weakness is cereal.  When it comes to cold cereal, I'm like an alcoholic.  It's not so much that I can't stop eating it all at once, it's that when I have cold cereal, nothing else sounds nearly as good, so I eat it three meals a day until it's gone.  Seriously, I had to avoid the cereal aisle altogether when we went shopping yesterday.  It's the one thing that I can't just let Ninny have herself, because I can't have it in the house.  I also had to avoid it entirely when I was pregnant with her because of the gestational diabetes.  I have no "OFF" button when it comes to cereal.  This is very embarrassing for me to admit, but the more honest I am with myself and all of you, the higher chance I have of succeeding in this challenge.  I did manage to only have one bowl of cereal, which is a miracle in and of itself and I am going to ask Chelsea (my sister) to take it away with her this evening when she comes by to help me finish up with the removal of the unhealthy foods and to visit as well.
     Chelsea came over after work and we had chicken stir fry with the spritzer I talked about in yesterday's bonus video log, it was really tasty.  I've got homework, so that's the end of today's blog.  Have a great night and we'll talk to you tomorrow!
So here's my video log for today, Cheers!

Oh and in case you're wondering... Leah was even supportive of me having to take a break... that I didn't end up taking, lol.

Ya gotta love that woman, she is sooo supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment