Friday, May 28, 2010

Moments

If I could impart one piece of knowledge to my daughter, it would be that life is all about moments.  Not just the big, grandstanding moments, but every little tiny moment and when you miss too many of those, life starts to lose it's meaning.  We have so many things in our lives that take away from those moments, television, the internet, work, school and our busy busy lives.  Sometimes I think it's a good idea to slow down a bit and savor those moments like a fine wine.  So start savoring!  Today's blog is a short one because I am about to go out and savor some moments with my baby girl.
My point being:
Dear America,
     Sometime in your overcaffeinated, supercharged, speeding, charging, hard working, blur of a life, please take a moment to stop and assess why it is that you work so hard and run so fast and drink so damn many caramochalatte splits or whatever they're called.  I doubt it's just for the sake of doing it.
Take care and enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment